Since Visa, OCI, PIO and Renunciation services have been outsourced to Cox and Kings Global Services Pvt. Ltd. w.e.f May 21, 2014, all information on this may be seen at www.in.ckgs.us and all enquiries on this should only be made at :
For Visa, OCI, PIO and Renunciation
Cox and Kings Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, 235 West
23rd Street, New York-10011.
Contact No. 646-589-0088 &
Services related to Indian Passports continue to be outsourced to BLS International Services Ltd.
BLS International Services Ltd.
28 West 30th Street, Suite 202, New York, NY10001
E-Visa on arrival facility
e-TOURIST VISA (eTV) - Apply and make a payment online and wait for approval. Apply 5 days in advance from travel date.
e-Tourist Visa Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries:
Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Island, Chile, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Vietnam.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
- Help Desk information- 011-91-11-24300666 (e-mail- email@example.com)
Consulate General of India provides following emergency services directly :
Visas for Diplomatic/ Official Passport/ Laissez-Passers holders
Applicants should fill in the application form online (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/) and approach the Consulate with the completed application along with the Note Verbale, ID, passport/ laissez passer and two photos. The visa is gratis and issued the same day. Kindly check the Consulate working hours.
Entry Visa (X) for short term period (6 months) is provided to naturalized US citizens of Indian descent only to facilitate visits to India due to unfortunate incidents of loss of life, accident or serious illness of parents, children and nearest relatives.
Applicants should fill in the application form online , (https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/) as prescribed for the Entry Visa (X) and approach the Consulate in-person with the completed application, all necessary supporting documents including the evidence of a person of Indian origin.
Working hours for Emergency Visa: All working days (Submission time: 9.00 am - 12 noon) and also on Saturday (11.00 am - 1.00 pm). The service is rendered the same day (Collection time on working days: 4.00pm).
Documents essential for grant of short-term Entry visa (X) in Emergency
- Online visa application form, duly filled.(https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/indianVisaReg.jsp)
- One color (2x2) inch photograph.
- Proof of Address (Recent utility bill, driving license).
- Documented proof of emergency such as death or medical certificate.
- Documented proof a person of Indian origin
- A confirmed printed flight ticket.
- Visa fees $203, in cash.
In case of Previous Indian citizen
If the applicant is minor the following additional documents are required:
- Both parents signature on visa form and it should be notarized.
- Passport copies of both parents.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Documented proof a person of Indian origin.
An Emergency Certificate (one-way travel document), which authorizes an Indian citizen to enter India, is issued to individuals who have lost their passports or their passports have been stolen or damaged and to whom new passports cannot be issued without approval from India. This document is issued primarily with the objective of ensuring the applicant’s return to India in an emergency.
Applicants should fill in the application form online (https://passport.gov.in/nri/OnlineRegistration.jsp?pocode=) as prescribed for the issue of a new passport and approach the Consulate in-person with the completed application, all necessary supporting documents and fees (US$18). The service is rendered the same day subject to the nationality verification. Kindly check the Consulate working hours.