The registration of birth must be done at the Consulate within one year of Child's birth. It is mandatory to apply for Indian passport of the Child at the Consulate along with registration of birth.
- Current Indian passports of both parents in original and photocopies of the first and last pages
- Proof of US Visa Status of both parents: Copy of any one of – Visas on passports (H1B, H4 etc) and the copy of I-94 / Green Card / Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit) / I-797, I-140 or I-20
- Download the Birth Registration Form and complete it
- Original Birth Certificate of the child issued by the local authorities along with a photocopy
- Notarized Affidavit of both parents that they have not taken any other nationality for the child
- Notarized Affidavit (NOC) of both parents that they have no objection to the registration and obtaining passport for the child